Casinos In New Orleans:
Click on the name of any casino to see a page of detailed information about that particular casino.
Types Of Casinos In New Orleans:
- Land-based casino
- Pari-mutuel casino
- Riverboat casinos
Casino Hours In New Orleans:
- All casinos in New Orleans are open 24 hours a day, unless otherwise stated.
Casino Games In New Orleans:
- All casinos in the area offer: blackjack, craps, roulette, baccarat slots, video poker, and video keno.
New Orleans Payback Statistics:
By state law, (Non-Native American) New Orleans casinos must release all payback percentages on electronic gaming machines to the public. New Orleans casinos can be programmed to pay back no less than 80% and no more than 99.9%. Just click here to see a list of slot machine payback statistics for all New Orleans casinos.
- If you win a jackpot in a Louisiana casino of $1,200 or more, the Louisiana casino will withhold 6% of your winnings for the Louisiana Department of Revenue. The $1,200 threshold would applies to any cash prizes won in casino tournaments or drawings. There is a possibility of getting some of that money refunded by filing a state income tax return. This will depend on your qualifications and application.
Gambling Age In New Orleans:
- The minimum gambling age for all New Orleans Casinos is 21 years old , and 18 years old for pari-mutuel betting.
- The closet airport to New Orleans is the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. (MSY).
Local Area & History:
Riverboat Casinos in New Orleans
- In 1991, Louisiana was the fourth state to approve riverboat casinos int he United States.
- Louisiana gaming law allows a maximum of 15 riverboat casinos statewide.
- Louisiana riverboat casinos must remain dockside, they are never allowed to cruise.
- New Orleans riverboat casinos offer electronic gaming machines, as well as a variety of table games.
Pari-Mutuel Casinos in New Orleans
- There is only one New Orleans pari-mutuel casino, Fair Grounds Race Course.
- Fair Grounds Race Course only offers slot machines. It has no table games, nor does it have any video poker games.
Land-Based Casinos in New Orleans
- Current Louisiana law allows for one land-based casino in New Orleans.
- That casino is Harrah’s located in downtown New Orleans, and just a few blocks from Bourbon Street.
- Harrah’s offers electronic gaming machines, as well as an assortment of table games.
For more information on visiting New Orleans casinos, or for general tourism information, call the city’s tourism department at (504) 566-5011 or visit their website at: www.neworleanscvb.com
Try an online casino for FREE! Use any of our great No Deposit Bonus Codes. No credit card needed, just sign up and start playing!