Casinos In Shreveport
Click on the name of any casino to see a page of detailed information about that particular casino.
- Boomtown Casino & Hotel Bossier City
- Eldorado Casino Shreveport
- Harrah’s Louisiana Downs
- Horseshoe Casino Hotel – Bossier City
- Margaritaville Casino Resort – Bossier City
- Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino Shreveport
Types Of Casinos In Shreveport
- There are two types of casinos in Shreveport: one pari-mutuel casino and five riverboat casinos. All riverboat casinos remain dockside and do not cruise.
Hours For Shreveport Casinos
- All casinos in Shreveport are open 24 hours a day.
Casino Games In Shreveport
- All casinos in the Shreveport area offer: blackjack, craps, roulette, baccarat, slot machines, video poker, and video keno.
Slot Payback Statistics For Shreveport Casinos
By state law, Shreveport casinos must release all payback percentages on electronic gaming machines to the public. Just click here to see a list of slot machine payback statistics for all Shreveport casinos.
- If you win a jackpot in a Louisiana casino of $1,200 or more, the casino will keep 6% of your winnings as tax for the Louisiana Department of Revenue. The $1,200 threshold would also apply to any cash prizes won in casino tournaments or drawings. There is a possibility of getting some of that money refunded by filing a state income tax return.
Gambling Age In Shreveport
- The minimum gambling age at all Shreveport casinos is 21. It is 18 for pari-mutuel betting at the horse track.
Closest Airports to Casinos in Shreveport
- The closet airport to Shreveport is the Shreveport Regional Airport, (SHV).
Local Area & History of Shreveport
Riverboat Casinos in Shreveport
- In 1991, Louisiana was the fourth state to approve riverboat casinos in the United States.
- Louisiana gaming law allows a maximum of 15 riverboat casinos statewide.
- Louisiana riverboat casinos must remain dockside, they are never allowed to cruise.
Pari-Mutuel Casinos in Shreveport
- Shreveport’s pari-mutuel casino, Harrah’s Louisiana Downs, is located about 10 miles east of Shreveport in Bossier City.
- Harrah’s Louisiana Downs, only has slot machines. There are no table games or video poker games.
- Louisiana gaming regulations require (non-Native American) gaming machines at all Shreveport casinos be programmed to pay back no less than 80% and no more than 99.9%.
- For more information on visiting the casinos in Shreveport and Bossier City, call the cities’ Convention and Tourism Bureau at (800) 551-8682 or visit their website at: www.shreveport-bossier.org
Try an online casino for FREE! Use any of our great No Deposit Bonus Codes. No credit card needed, just sign up and start playing!