Casinos In Council Bluffs:
Click on the name of any casino to see a page of detailed information about that particular casino.
Types Of Casinos In Council Bluffs:
- River Boat Casinos
- Pari-Mutuel (racetrack) Casinos
- Native American Casinos
Casino Hours In Council Bluffs:
- All Council Bluffs casinos are open 24 hours a day.
Casino Games in Council Bluffs:
- All casinos in the area offer: Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat Slots, Video poker, and Video Keno.
Council Bluffs Payback Statistics:
By state law, Iowa casinos must release all payback percentages on electronic gaming machines to the public. Just click here to see a list of slot machine payback statistics for all casinos in Iowa.
- If you win a jackpot in a Iowa casino of $1,200 or more, the Iowa casino will keep 5% of your winnings as tax for the Iowa Department of Revenue. The $1,200 threshold would applies to any cash prizes won in casino tournaments or drawings. There is a possibility of getting some of that money refunded by filing a state income tax return. This will depend on your qualifications and application.
Casino Policy on Alcoholic Beverages:
Gambling Age in Council Bluffs:
- The minimum gambling age in all Council Bluff casinos is 21 years old, 18 for pari-mutuel wagering or bingo.
- The closest airport to Council Bluffs is Omaha Eppley Airfield, (OMA), located about 3.5 miles away.
Local Area & History:
History of Riverboat Casinos in Council Bluffs
- The first state in the U.S. to ever legally allow riverboat casino gambling was Iowa. Legislation in Iowa approved the vote in 1989, with the first riverboat casino opening on April 1, 1991. When the riverboat casino first started, gamblers were limited to a maximum of $5 a bet, and enforced a strict maximum loss of $200 per person, per cruise.
- In 1994, Iowa state legislature would eliminate these gambling restrictions. Later that same year the state would also legalized casinos to be constructed on moored barges that float on man-made basins of water. This no longer required the casinos to be on actual boats and allowed riverboat casinos to closely resemble land-based buildings.
- Today, there are currently two riverboat casinos located in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Pari-Mutuel (racetrack) Casinos in Council Bluffs
- All Pari-mutuel racetracks in Iowa have electronic gaming machines, such as slots and video poker, as well as an assortment of table games. Today, there is currently only one racetrack casino located in Council Bluffs.
Native American Casinos in Council Bluffs
- Currently there are three native American casinos located in Iowa. There are no Native American casinos in the Council Bluffs area. The closet Native American casino to the area is Blackbird Bend in Onawa, about 65 miles north.
- Every casino in Council Bluffs offer such games as: blackjack, craps, roulette, pai gow poker, ultimate Texas hold em, Mississippi stud, video poker and slots. Select casinos also offer: poker, three card poker, four card poker, pai gow poker, Caribbean stud poker, mini-baccarat, let it ride, bingo, big 6, keno, Spanish 21, Mississippi stud and off-track betting.
For more information on visiting casinos in Council Bluffs call the city’s tourism department at (800) 228-6878 or visit their web site at www.councilbluffsiowa.com
Try an online casino for FREE! Use any of our great No Deposit Bonus Codes. No credit card needed, just sign up and start playing!